Bad Haircut

Yesterday I got a bad haircut. For those of you who don't know, APPARENTLY when you have shorter hair you are supposed to get it cut more regularly to keep up the style of the 'do. SO, I decided to do the 'chic' thing and get a trim before my orientation so I wasn't annoyed at my hair the whole time. I have two words for the experience, BAD IDEA. It looks like a mushroom cut, but at my jawline instead of at my ears- haha- its not too bad when its not straight, but regardless, I need to find a good hairdresser out here. Oh how I miss the lovely hand massages and good hair cuts at James Brett in Kingston (although I don't miss how it emptied my wallet)! 

Apart from the bad haircut, yesterday was actually a really fun day! I met up with my friend Steve and his parents and we went to Sandbar on Granville Island for dinner. YUM!

Mr and Mrs Pace, Steve, and I at The Sandbar on Granville Island. Dinner was delicious!
Then Steve and I went to a party that ended up being a lot of Queens alum...it was bizaare. A good bizaare, but still bizaar. We went dancing at a place called Honeys and they played hilarious top 40 hits from 10 years ago and from today. It was so fun to dance!

Today, I spent the day cleaning the apartment, nursing a hangover, and packing for my trip. We leave tomorrow for a 4-day, 3-night orientation trip. The 30 REM (Resource and Environmental Management) students will pile into 12-seater white vans and go on a roadtrip to Lilooet, Kamloops, Whistler, and Squamish. I am excited...and nervous! There appears to be a lot of down time which is great because hopefully that will mean being social and meeting some cool people! YIKES! Along the way, we check out fisheries, water treatment stations, ecotourism, and forestry centres all to give students a taste of the multi-disciplinary approach to the MRM (Master's in Resource Management) program. 

Because of this trip, I will likely not be able to write for a few days- but hang tight- there will hopefully be plenty of good stories to tell upon my return. And just for the record, for dinner tonight I had a salami sandwich with habitant pea soup...YUM!

Comments

Popular Posts