Snurkeys. November in the Pacific Northwest.

Snow + Turkeys= Snurkeys

November brought a lot of school work and official "winter weather" to Vancouver. Let's be clear, though. Winter does not mean - 20 degrees C with snow storms. Winter means +7 degrees C and raining. Still not sure which I prefer. At least with minus 20 there is sun, and snow (did I mention sun?). It was bizaare to wear a fall jacket all year as my "winter" jacket. In fact when I asked the sales lady if it will be warm enough, she laughed at me!!

Despite the weather and the copious amounts of school work we still got into some shenanigans:

  • I went to see a concert Jeremy Fisher with my girlfriends from the Yukon. It was in a beautiful old church with amazing acoustics. 
  • A snow storm on SFU campus resulted in canceled buses while we were all still up there. Despite the inconvenience, we had a beautiful snowy walk down the mountain in the company of a Floridian who couldn't remember ever seeing that much snow (right Annie?). For those of us from the Ottawa valley, it was merely a glimpse of the *real* winters that we know from back home.
I know this is blurry but it really encompasses the moment!! "I LOVE SNOW!!"
The crew who walked down the mountain.

  • We had Thanksgiving x 2!! A large crew of us carpooled to Bellingham, WA (about 45 min south of Vancouver) where one of our classmates lives for American Thanksgiving. It was the first American Thanksgiving I had ever celebrated. It was a similar crowd to our Canadian Thanksgiving with some wonderful additions. 
    • We had delicious food and gracious hosts (Thanks to the Groesbeck's for having all 14 of us for dinner!). We also played ridiculous, fun, camp-like games. The results of which are posted in the student office around REM. A little hilarious reminder of how awesome we all are (ahem if I do say so myself!) . I'll go take a pic and post on here if I think of it.
    • Here are some snapshots from that weekend taken by lovely Jenna who recently uploaded over 300 of her pictures onto my computer! Yahoo!
Too many cooks in the kitchen? Nope!
A few of the (lovely) ladies in attendance. 


Our beautiful host and hostess. Thank you!
Peelin' some taters.
Beautiful table setting and such a feast!! We have so much to be thankful for :).
  • I also had a visit with my aunt and uncle from Ottawa in November! They were in town visiting my uncle's family and took the time to take Chris and I out for brunch, to run some groceries,  and we even scored a few new chairs to match my kitchen set thanks to Brenda's negotiating skills. heehee. What a great visit!!
Brenda and I out for a yummy brunch :).

Comments

Popular Posts